A Kind Caregiver For Mother
Looking for a nurturing, patient, and enthusiastic caregiver near Berkeley, CA to take care of Mother. W need assistance Thursday morning, Thursday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday morning, Friday afternoon, and Friday evening. Caregiver should be able to start August 02, 2018 and is expected to work 16.0 hours per week. The caregiver is expected to help with transportation, companionship, walking & exercise, meal prep, and grooming. Being a Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) is a definite plus. A great opportunity to work privately in a loving home, while earning more! (This is likely the schedule, but it may change as we are transitioning from one caregiver to two others. If you think you are a good fit, but the schedule doesn't work, please inquire anyway)
About this Care Recipient
Our mother is 81, energetic, smart, great sense of humor, very active. Her short term memory is gone, but she retains her sense of independence and dignity. She enjoys gardening, walking, her dog, and tidying up. We need a companion who is comfortable with patient suggesting rather than directing, hanging out and going with the flow while keeping her hydrated and fed, and who also gets along with our father, who is mainly functioning well but who has been the main caretaker and it has taken a toll on his health.
- Meal Prep
- Dressing & Grooming
- 16.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: August 2, 2018
- Live-out preferred
- Speaks English
- Any gender preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Berkeley caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.