I'm Looking For Care in San Diego, CA For Father
Amazing job opportunity for a punctual, patient, and empathetic caregiver located near San Diego, CA to help care for Father. help is needed 2 days per week in the afternoon and evening. 10 hours per week of care is needed to start December 23, 2015. Caregiver's duties will include bathing, grooming, toileting, managing medications, transferring & mobility, walking & exercise, and housekeeping Dedicated and serious applicants only. Be the first to apply and be considered for this great opportunity!
About this Care Recipient
Jack is a great patient with a good attitude despite his battle with a brain tumor for the past 14 years, which has gradually taken away his mobility and speaking ability. A former model hobbyist, avid reader and sailor, he now is primarily confined to a hospital bed. We have tried to make a very comfortable room for him with lots of light and simple activities he can participate in -- simple puzzles or legos. He requires being changed (toileting), positioned in bed, and has a gastric tube for feeding and tracheostomy with humidifier and oxygen for breathing (we administer suctioning twice daily or as necessary). We are seeking caregiving help primarily for changing, grooming, hair washing, sheet changes, and helping move him into a chair (with a hoyer lift).
- Dressing & Grooming
- Medication Reminders
- Transferring & Mobility
- 10.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: December 23, 2015
- Flexible 2 days a week. Afternoons and evenings.
- Live-out preferred
- Any gender preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our San Diego caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.