Private Caregiver Needed in Lincolnshire, IL
Looking for a punctual and passionate caregiver near Lincolnshire, IL to take care of Father. I need support 2-3 days per week in the afternoon. Caregiver should be able to start February 12, 2018 and is expected to work 8-12 hours per week. The caregiver is expected to help with transportation, companionship, walking & exercise, cognitive therapy, meal prep, and medication reminders. Only serious applicants will be considered. Please send resume to email only. No phone calls please.
About this Care Recipient
My father was a very intelligent man who owned his own businesses. He is very authoritative and can have bouts of anger while people are trying to help him. But he can also be very appreciative and sweet. He is extremely lonely and would love to have someone do some cognitive therapy with him. He loves puzzle games. He is not eating well and gets very little exercise. He has very little short term memory and struggles to remember even the previous day. He can no longer drive and gets depressed about simple tasks like getting a haircut. My father will be having a cataract removed soon. He will need to do drops in his eyes prior to the surgery. I don’t think he can do that without assistance. So, there may be a temporary need for daily care, but mainly I am looking for someone to come twice a week to visit with him, check his meds, prepare a meal, and occasionally drive him for errands. Also, once the weather gets nicer, maybe take a walk.
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Prep
- 12.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: February 12, 2018
- Flexible 3 days a week. Afternoons.
- Live-out preferred
- Speaks English
- Any gender preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Lincolnshire caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.