An Experienced Caregiver Needed in East Meadow, NY For Mother
We are in search of a considerate, friendly and capable caregiver who will be attentive to our mother's needs. She is located in East Meadow, NY. Assistance is needed approx. 6 days per week, and a live-in caregiver is preferred. The primary duties of this caregiver will include: bathing, managing medications, meal prep, and housekeeping. Being a Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) is a definite plus. Although my mother does not need help toileting, she sometimes experiences incontinence. Otherwise, she is pretty independent! Please apply asap if you are interested.
About this Care Recipient
Our mother is a youthful 90 yr old, in pretty good shape overall and very friendly and lively, spending most of her time at the computer working on her poetry. She uses a walker, has some vision issues and a little trouble with her hearing. Her memory is fair/good - so she can be a bit forgetful at times. Although my mother is very independent, it is helpful to remind her about things. She dresses and grooms herself and helps to prepare her own breakfast. My mother's current caregiver needs to move locations as of December 31, 2017. She has been receiving room and board in addition to some financial reimbursement for her services. Ideally, we are seeking the same or similar situation once again - a caregiver who would live with my mother full time, beginning on January 1st or so, 2018.
- Meal Prep
- Medication Reminders
- 25.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: January 21, 2018
- Flexible 5 days a week. Afternoons, evenings and nights.
- Live-in preferred
- Speaks English
- Female preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our East Meadow caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.