A Kind, Flexible Caregiver Needed For My Mother in Happy Valley, OR - Optimal Aging Job
I am seeking an enthusiastic and considerate caregiver located near Happy Valley, OR to help care for my mother while I am away from home. My schedule varies but I'm usually looking for either a full day or half day of care (either morning or afternoon-evening) and the occasional split shift (for example, 7-10am and 2-6pm) on Tuesdays, Fridays, and occasionally Saturdays, at least one day a week to start as soon as possible. I'm looking for someone who can be somewhat flexible, as I usually don't get much notice when I have to be away from home. The caregiver will be responsible for performing the following: meal prep, medication reminders, grooming, companionship, and transferring & mobility. My mom uses a 4-wheeled walker and has balance issues in addition to dementia, so she needs stand-by assistance when walking around, a little help getting out of her chair, and someone who can put her shoes on for her so she doesn't tip over doing that. She also smokes in the bathroom and often is slower and more off balance afterward. Only serious applicants will be considered. Female caregivers preferred, the hourly rate for this job is $18. Be the first to apply and be considered for this great opportunity! **Optimal Aging approved caregivers only**
- Transferring & Mobility
- Dressing & Grooming
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Prep
- 8.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: September 28, 2017
- Live-out preferred
- Speaks English
- Female preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Clackamas caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.