* What are your personality traits or expertise that help you be a great caregiver? I am a positive, fast learning, dependable person, who most of all enjoys helping and caring for others. Through my caregiving experience I have grown to have a great compassion for my clients in their needs. I always try my best to have a balance between a good mix of professionalism and a nurturing, caring nature. I normally tend to bond and get to know my clients as well as possible , normally I'll ask about their interests that can possibly be shared, such as watching a particular sport or listening to a certain kind of music. Since we will be spending plenty of time together, I feel shared interests can make visits more enjoyable for everyone. * What attracted you to being a caregiver? I was once exposed to social and physical injustices that many children, teenagers, and elderly with disabilities were going through. I saw their living conditions, and how unfairly they were being mistreated, it angered me but most of all saddened me. Since then I've grown to have a sense of need to better, and make a difference in their lives. * What do you enjoy most about being a caregiver? I take pride when it comes to attention and detail. I really don't want a desk job; I like being physical in my job and using my body as well as my brain. I like doing work that has the potential to make a difference in someone's life. I strongly believe in karma, and I feel that when I'm older, I'd want someone like me there to help me if I need help. * What is a personal achievement you are proud of? A personal achievement that I'm most proud of has been my time management, as a full time student, and as a past full time employer, despite my busy schedule I was able to maintain good grades, and receive several scholarships to study abroad in Spain this last fall semester.
Caregivers that work non-full-time jobs or irregular shifts can negotiate extra compensation in addition to their standard hourly wage.
CareLinx home care services include housekeeping, transportation, meal preparation, shopping, medication reminders, mobility assistance, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, exercise, companionship and more. Compared to traditional agencies, our caregiver services include four distinct advantages.
1. Preferred, high-quality care: CareLinx customers prefer our care over competitors’ by a factor of 10 to 1. You get to choose and interview the caregiver, resulting in a better match and higher quality care.
2. Uniquely affordable: as an online caregiver network with low overhead and zero markups on caregiver pay, our prices are up to 50 percent less than traditional senior care agencies.
3. Care advocates: our direct-hire model gives caregivers higher wages and flexible schedules, and consumers low prices. Everyone gets a better quality of life.
4. Peace of mind: in-home caregivers are background checked and technology-enabled to give you visibility and transparency in the home. Our app provides GPS clock-ins clock-outs, real-time secure messaging, and personalized digital care plan.