1. I became a caregiver because it was something a lot different and more self fulfilling than my previous work in an office environment. 2. The smile in my client's face and the interaction provides me with an exhilarating sense of self satisfaction for work done in a loving environment. 3. Amongst many, my client's and his/her family's acceptance of me as a member of the family which for me, speaks a lot about my value in terms of my loving care and service provided. 4. Friends call me Emil and I am 66.5 years old, 5'8" tall weighing 170lbs. I am a fitness buff and a student of health and wellness. Goes without saying that exercise and proper nutrition is part of my daily routine. No health issues, no maintenance pills to take therefore very healthy and fit. Divorced since 10 years ago I have two grown up children living in Sydney Australia and so I live virtually on my own. I started caregiving in February 2006 with the one and only family since then. I cared for the patriarch of the family at first until June 2012 when he passed away at age 100 years and seven months. Then I was asked to stay on to care for and look after the wife who was 94 years old at that time. She passed away last May 15th. My experience therefore covered the whole gamut of caregiving ie, bathing, dressing, grooming, toilet, incontinence, changing diapers, medication - per family or doctors instructions, meal preparation, running errands.. Maybe last but not least is the loving companion
Caregivers that work non-full-time jobs or irregular shifts can negotiate extra compensation in addition to their standard hourly wage.
CareLinx home care services include housekeeping, transportation, meal preparation, shopping, medication reminders, mobility assistance, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, exercise, companionship and more. Compared to traditional agencies, our caregiver services include four distinct advantages.
1. Preferred, high-quality care: CareLinx customers prefer our care over competitors’ by a factor of 10 to 1. You get to choose and interview the caregiver, resulting in a better match and higher quality care.
2. Uniquely affordable: as an online caregiver network with low overhead and zero markups on caregiver pay, our prices are up to 50 percent less than traditional senior care agencies.
3. Care advocates: our direct-hire model gives caregivers higher wages and flexible schedules, and consumers low prices. Everyone gets a better quality of life.
4. Peace of mind: in-home caregivers are background checked and technology-enabled to give you visibility and transparency in the home. Our app provides GPS clock-ins clock-outs, real-time secure messaging, and personalized digital care plan.