I have always had a desire for helping people especially the elderly. It's been a very rewarding career choice that I have always enjoyed doing. Knowing that I can help promote a person's well being towards maintaining their independence is rewarding to me. When I worked with a dementia client, helped to recall some of her memories through writing and reading exercises. My sister had many health problems in which; I encouraged her through daily functions similar to what she would do at home, helped with her transition from home to nursing home. Also, when I received my certification in nursing. I am a christian, loving,caring,devoted,reliable,efficient,responsible and love unity of family. My hobbies are reading, walking, meditate, pray, visit the sick and shut in, movies, love to volunteer my time helping those in need. I am a non smoker, do not drink alcohol, don't do any type of drugs. I have excellent references.
* Certificate, Indiana career institute, August 2006
* Diploma - GED, INDIANA CAREER INSTUTE, August 2006
SELECTED ACADEMIC PROJECTS
* Reading Comprehension
* Active Learning
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & AWARDS
* g.e.D, 2006
* G.E.D, 2006
Golden Living (brentwood)
March 2013 - May 2014
* Assist elderly with daily living
Bright Star Care
January 2011 - February 2013
* Assist elderly with daily living in there home
June 2009 - January 2012
* assist elderly with daily living
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
* accounting ,word processor
* CNA,HHA,CORE A, CORE B , CPR AND 1ST AID I am a Honest Integrity Christian, Non-Smoker Drug Free Natural Born Gifted Caregiver. I am a Certified (CNA TN, CPR/FIRST AID NO Communicable Diseases) I have a great driving record (TN license) I have been a Nurturing Caregiver for 30 years. (Adults/Children) I am a VERY Patient Compassionate, Energetic, Intelligent, Ambitious, Outgoing, Vibrant, Caring, Loving, Passionate, Bright Inspirational Caregiver that Enjoy and Embrace the Gift I have been given to Care and Love. I am PROUD OF. Hello my name isKamilah I am a very kind hearted , nurturing mother of three . I have been caring for patients 11 years in total . I have acquired most of my experience from a variety of patients . I have a bachelors degree in liberal arts and science . I have aspirations to become a leader in nursing or administration . I have worked in level 1 hospitals such as Vanderbilt and even had experience serving our veterans though an internship. My number one quality for patient care is making the patient feel comfortable and content . I love to see a smile on every patient face to let them know that someone care . Other skills that I can perform is blood draws, height ,weight , med pass, vitals ,blood glucose checks , activities of daily living ,intake and output , light house keeping , range of motion , Foleys, assist with feeding and meal preparation , companion , and hygiene. Sue W.
After giving up my medical secretary career years ago to raise our children, I found a great pleasure in companionship with seniors. Due to his job, my husband traveled a lot. My neighbor, an elderly man, lost his wife but wanted to stay in his own home. I began by playing cards, chatting, teaching him laundry skills, cleaning his house bi-monthly and found it not only was good for him but also beneficial to me. The ability to be a part of his happiness in his dy to day life, felt great. I then was hired by Home Instead in Mason Ohio, working for them until my husband was transferred to Tennessee. Being a part time senior caregiver has been my life now for almost eight years. Have had background checks, TB tests yearly,fingerprinted, drug tested and trained in transfers. Last December became ill with pneumonia from flu, even though had flu shot in September. Have doctors appointment June 10 to be released to work again. We are empty nesters, with youngest in medical school. Fully believe our seniors still have a lot to offer society even tho their bodies are slowing down.