Family and caregiver safety
is our top priority
Protecting vulnerable seniors and the frontline home care workers that care for them is a top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. And while health experts agree the home is the safest place for seniors, both families and caregivers are encouraged to adjust care practices to protect themselves and their loved ones. At CareLinx, we’ve quickly enhanced our administrative support, are rolling out a program to provide personal protective equipment (PPE), and are offering up-to-date educational resources to help families safely continue care at home.
Providing families with new tools and safety practices
- Family employers can easily add new tasks to the care plan they have developed for their caregivers that reinforce caregiver safety precautions and proper hygiene, which includes a pre-shift symptom-check, PPE use reminders, and sanitization procedures.
- Caregivers can report any flu-like symptoms and families are automatically notified if they do so.
- Caregivers and families can access free online COVID-19 safety videos.
- Educating families and their caregiver employees about the importance of reporting any flu-like symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19.
Supporting families and caregivers with important PPE supplies and reliable information
- We’ve secured PPE supplies for family employers to provide to their caregivers and will ship directly to their preferred care location.
- We will continue to provide access to up-to-date information and recommendations based on CDC guidelines.
- We will continue to monitor local and state guidelines for essential home care workers that might impact a family's care routines.
A dedicated Care Team is here to provide additional support
- Our Care Team is available 7 days a week to assist families who need help locating backup care.
- Ensuring families can communicate requirements for, and caregivers can communicate completion of, any requested COVID-19 training before care begins.
- Helping families and caregivers find their nearest COVID-19 testing location.
- Providing access to sample proof of employment letters caregivers can use to show compliance with shelter in place orders.
Connecting families to socially distant caregiving support
- Our dedicated Care Team can help families arrange virtual companion care or organize contact-free grocery or meal delivery.
- Caregivers can also help set up technology in the home to allow loved ones to stay connected virtually with family, friends, or even their healthcare providers via telehealth appointments.