Seeking A Punctual Caregiver in Berkeley, CA for Male Friend
Temporary opportunity for a an experienced caregiver located near Berkeley, CA to help care for 80 yr old partially paralyzed male. Assistance is needed August 15, 16 and 17 for 2 hrs in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Alternatively 3 hrs mid morning or mid day. Possible future 2 day shifts available. The caregiver is expected to help with walking & exercise, grooming, meal prep, assist with wheelchair walks in Berkeley. Serious applicants only.
About this Care Recipient
80 yr old male with partial paralysis in wheelchair lives alone in Berkeley apartment. Friend and caregiver needs a week vacation beginning this Sunday August 14. Needs are: exercise each day; walking with walker down interior hall. Also arm exercises. Prepare meals (rice and chicken or potato, oatmeal or cereal - very picky). Needs to get out the apartment for guided wheelchair walks around the area. Possible shopping. Grooming (not keen on allowing help with personal care). Cleaning commode, possible laundry. Always has lived alone, used to be major hiker until stroke in Jan 2016. Home only since July 1. Manages amazingly well with a bed on the couch in the living room, a stand-up pole and commode. Wheels himself around very well. Cannot leave apartment without another person.
- Transferring & Mobility
- Meal Prep
- Groceries & Shopping
- Dressing & Grooming
- Medication Reminders
- 28.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: August 14, 2016
- Flexible 7 days a week. Mornings and afternoons.
- Live-out preferred
- Speaks English
- Any gender preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Berkeley caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.