Seeking An Experienced Caregiver in Del Mar, CA for Mother
Need a passionate, patient, and punctual caregiver located near Del Mar, CA to help care for Mother. I need assistance 5 days per week in the morning and evening. 15.0 hours per week of support is needed to start February 21, 2018. The primary duties of this caregiver will include: transferring & mobility, toileting, grooming, and bathing. Being a Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) is a definite plus. A great opportunity to work privately in a loving home, while earning more!
About this Care Recipient
My wife is 80 years old. She is diabetic and is also currently receiving cancer infusion treatments every 3 weeks in an outpatient setting at Scripps La Jolla. Mentally she is aware and conversational. However, physically she lacks basic mobility skills and needs assistance with simple tasks like sitting up in bed or feeding herself. She sleeps much of the day. She is unable to walk on her own, but can use a walker with great assistance. Recently, her diabetic blood sugar levels have been very low upon waking in the morning. Even with added glucose in her system, these low levels affect her psychological state. She becomes combative and/or non-communicative. We have difficulty with toileting, basic hygiene, dressing, self-feeding, etc. We are looking for someone who can assist us 2-3 hours in the morning and 1-2 hours in the evening with these basic tasks.
- Transferring & Mobility
- Dressing & Grooming
- 15.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: February 21, 2018
- Flexible 5 days a week. Evenings and mornings.
- Live-out preferred
- Speaks English
- Female preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Del Mar caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.