Looking For An Empathetic Caregiver in Los Gatos, CA
Looking for a patient caregiver near Los Gatos, CA to take care of Mother. assistance is needed every week from Saturday morning continuously through Monday morning. This is a older, multi-story house in the foothills. A room upstairs is available for sleeping. Requires the caregiver to live-in for the weekend. Be aware that our mother is currently waking up most nights looking for reassurance and asking to go home. The primary duties of this caregiver will include: transferring & mobility, simple meal prep, managing oral medications, toileting, and light housekeeping. Only serious applicants will be considered. A great opportunity to work privately in a loving home, while earning more! We are offering a fixed amount of $585 for each weekend, from which federal and state taxes will be deducted. Non-smokers only. It is possible that a low-energy dog may come with you.
About this Care Recipient
My mother is 87, 125 lbs, and in a wheelchair due to painful knees, although she can still move slowly to bed, commode, shower, and toilet with assistance. She has short-term memory issues and is hard of hearing. She is currently on oxygen. She is somewhat incontinent and wears pull-ups, but usually uses the toilet or commode with assistance in reaching them. She spends most of her day reading or napping. She needs a live-in caregiver to prepare simple meals (she likes company when she eats), assist with toilet and perhaps showers, do light housework, such as cleaning up from meals and occasional laundry. She typically goes to bed between 5-7pm and sleeps until 7-8am. Recently she is waking up in the middle of the night, calling out for reassurance that she is not alone, and sometimes asking to go home. Two children are local and available for any problems. She needs a live-in person for safety, though she does not move around by herself.
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Prep
- Transferring & Mobility
- 48.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: December 9, 2016
- Live-out preferred
- Speaks English
- Female preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Los Gatos caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.