A Punctual Caregiver For My Mother near Oakland, CA
Need an honest, loyal, and experienced caregiver located near Oakland, CA to help care for my mother. Care is needed on Fridays, and Saturdays. Caregiver should be able to start as soon as possible and is expected to work 24 hours per week. Given the amount of care needed, I am considering hiring multiple caregivers for this opportunity. The caregiver is expected to help with Dressing, Hygiene, Managing Medications, Meal Preparation & Feeding, Transferring & Mobility, Walking & Exercise, and Overnight Services. Being a Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) is a definite plus. Be the first to apply and be considered for this great opportunity!
About this Care Recipient
My mother is 5 feet, 11 inches tall and weigh approx. 210 pounds. She suffered a stroke approximately 8 years ago and we have been taking care of her in her home with my dad. She is a former city official and her mind is sharp. She has difficulty speaking as a result of the stroke but can communicate. She has weakness on her left side but can walk with assistance. Her team of caregivers who take care of her Monday through Sunday, during days and evenings, is very good. They love my mom very much. We need assistance on Friday and Saturday evenings. Not every weekend, as some of the other caregivers may want to work. She has a very supportive family who contact, visit, and care for her very much. The evening shift requires that she be assisted to the bedside commode and also assisted with oral care. She may want dinner, but most of the time, the day time caregiver has already prepared and served dinner. She has a routine so it's just a matter of learning it.
- Dressing & Grooming
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Prep
- Transferring & Mobility
- 24.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: April 23, 2015
- Live-out preferred
- Any gender preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Oakland caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.