Seeking A Fun and Young Caregiver in Independence, MO for 29 year old best friend
So what are we are looking for? Someone that is young, compassionate, full of life, and can laugh about farts and poop. haha. We will need help (at least to start) Monday thru Friday from 8-4, maybe having one of those days be a late start with a late ending. He will need to be lift onto his commode to use the bathroom and he is a small guy- 5'4" and 105 lbs. Making some simple meals for him for breakfast and lunch on some days, changing his bed sheets daily, and reminding of medication every four hours. Most importantly, you will need to have patience with him. Because he is no longer able to speak, and he doesn't have much control over his hands, communication is very hard. Like I said before, he is completely cognitive so he has opinions, requests, jokes, and a lot of other things he wants to say. Right now we use communication cards, ask yes or no questions so he can respond with putting up one finger for yes and two for no, and he has an special ipad that allows him to type out sentences.
About this Care Recipient
My friend Matt is a 29 year old, fun loving guy, that has a horrible genetic disease called GSS. It's a prion disease that is extremely rare, with no cure or treatment, and is progressing quite rapidly. His stepdad put him in a nursing home 3 weeks ago, and as you can imagine, Matt wants nothing to do with being around a bunch of old people waiting to die. Matt is 100% cognitive but his body is failing him. He wears diapers, is unable to speak, and is in his hospital bed 90% of the time. Despite all of that, Matt is actually happy 95% of the day, still laughs at stupid jokes, and has the spirit of an angel. EVERYONE that meets him falls in love with him... and everyone that knows him is blessed with the inspiration he gives every day.
- Meal Prep
- Groceries & Shopping
- Medication Reminders
- Dressing & Grooming
- 40.0 hours/week
- Ideal start date: June 29, 2018
- Live-out preferred
- Speaks English
- Any gender preferred
- Passed background check
- Access to vehicle
More Job Opportunities
Careers @ CareLinx
CareLinx, an online nationwide network of over 400,000 caregivers, helps older adults and families find professional caregiver like you! Working with CareLinx is different from a traditional home care agency. Our Independence caregivers love CareLinx for these advantages:
- Use CareLinx for free. Caregivers are never charged for seeking private home care jobs on CareLinx. Customers pay for our service. You don’t.
- Get higher wages. Set your own rates and earn up to 25% higher than via a traditional agency.
- Choose your schedule and location. Work in the locations you want, when you want.
- Choose your own clients. Be your own boss. Work with clients you like.
- Develop your skills. Learn new caregiving skills from world-class experts via CareAcademy.
- Get insurance protection. With CareLinx, you're insured & bonded for $5 million in professional liability insurance.
- Receive benefits. Get social security, Medicare, state disability and unemployment benefits.
- Access to affordable health, dental & vision insurance. We teamed up with Stride Health to help you find affordable insurance from over 200 health plans.
- Get exclusive discounts from over 10,000 brands. Save on everything from cellphone and wellness offers, to tickets and vacation purchases.