I became a caregiver 2007. Once my kids were in school full time I needed to go back to work, I knew the Medical field was promising. I started caregiving, I fell in love with my job.
I found it rewarding.
I love talking and getting to know my clients, their life, families their stories.
I later got my Basic Life Skills license, and my Certified Nurse Assistant license. I have been working steady since.
I am hard working, very organized, and love to cook, I am compassionate, honest and dependable.
I have experience with Parkinson's, Dementia, Alheizmer's desease, Colostomy , G-Tube Wound care, Stroke victims. I am a French/African woman. I took care of my grandparents and parents until they passed away.
Highly-dependable, nurturing caregiver who has good values, compassionate nature and 8 years extensive experience in providing prompt and friendly care. A warm-hearted individual with good judgment and emotional maturity. Eager to make a difference in client's everyday life.
Along with my elderly care training, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications and 8 years of work experience as a caregiver with different private homes, I am eager to leverage my compassion and experience to contribute to your bottom line.
Through my past experiences, I acquired skills and abilities highly relevant to the Caregiver position :
* Track record of providing assistance to elderly in activities of daily living.
* Well-versed in motivating clients to enjoy their independence.
* Committed to perform housekeeping tasks; washing clothes and dishes, cleaning bathroom and making beds.
* Competent at creating a tidy living environment for clients through sanitation, ventilation, proper lighting and furnishings arrangement.
* Adept at implementing care plans provided by the care manager and client's family.
* G-tube experience.
* 10 (ten) years experience as an Administrative Assistant.
* 05 years experience in Alzheimer, Dementia, Parkinson, Stroke, Cancer, Diabetes.
* 06 months as a Medical Assistant.
* Meal Preparation * Ambulation * Transportation
* Bath Assistance * Personal Hygiene * Soft and Gentle Massage
* Light Housekeeping * Laundry * Record Keeping * Errands Running and Shopping * Communication * Customer Service * Sanitation
* Medication reminders and vital signs monitoring procedures
* Companion care * Recreational activities