Hacienda Heights, CA
I am a young 64 years old. Born in New York, raised in Southern California. I was married almost 16 years to the love of my life. I lost him in February of 2012 to cancer. I took care of him through those years until he passed. I understand how overwhelming it can be
I have been assisting seniors since 1996. I have experience with Diabetes, Arthritis, Alzheimer's and cancer. Many of my clients have passed. I like to think I made their last years or months happier for them.
I am honest and reliable. I am legally licensed to drive. I have passed a fingerprint background check through DOJ & FBI. I am Certified through LA County IHSS program. Worked withVisiting Angels and Home Instead. The past few years I have been working privately with clients.
I have found that I connect with seniors in a unique way. I just be myself, I adapt to their schedules and their ways instead of trying to change things. I love to hear their stories, look at their photos, listen to their music also. I am easy going, always keep an upbeat attitude with my clients. I can take blood pressure, use stethascope, check pulse. Also I have experience with g tubes and j tubes. I have administered insulin to diabetic clients and managed medications for many. Always keep the family advised of any changes in behavior or anything I feel they should know. I don't leave work until I am sure my client is comfortable and has all they need. Long term positions are great, but I also work short term jobs. I have worked with dementia and Alzheimer's disease a lot. I am patient with people. I understand it is difficult to accept help. I try to ensure clients that it is alright, we all need help now and again.I have dependable vehicles both licensed and insured. I enjoy gardening, the beach and having fun with my animals. They keep me busy. I get along with all types of animals.
I can tell you that if you hire me, you will not be disappointed.
I am a French/African woman. I took care of my grandparents and parents until they passed away.
Highly-dependable, nurturing caregiver who has good values, compassionate nature and 8 years extensive experience in providing prompt and friendly care. A warm-hearted individual with good judgment and emotional maturity. Eager to make a difference in client's everyday life.
Along with my elderly care training, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications and 8 years of work experience as a caregiver with different private homes, I am eager to leverage my compassion and experience to contribute to your bottom line.
Through my past experiences, I acquired skills and abilities highly relevant to the Caregiver position :
* Track record of providing assistance to elderly in activities of daily living.
* Well-versed in motivating clients to enjoy their independence.
* Committed to perform housekeeping tasks; washing clothes and dishes, cleaning bathroom and making beds.
* Competent at creating a tidy living environment for clients through sanitation, ventilation, proper lighting and furnishings arrangement.
* Adept at implementing care plans provided by the care manager and client's family.
* G-tube experience.
* 10 (ten) years experience as an Administrative Assistant.
* 05 years experience in Alzheimer, Dementia, Parkinson, Stroke, Cancer, Diabetes.
* 06 months as a Medical Assistant.
* Meal Preparation * Ambulation * Transportation
* Bath Assistance * Personal Hygiene * Soft and Gentle Massage
* Light Housekeeping * Laundry * Record Keeping * Errands Running and Shopping * Communication * Customer Service * Sanitation
* Medication reminders and vital signs monitoring procedures
* Companion care * Recreational activities