1. My mother acquired Parkinson's and Vascular Dementia in 2003. I took care of her for 4 years. 2. The interaction between care giver and resident is extremely rewarding. All they need is a little of your time and help. 3. I have gained more personal friends with the elderly than at any other time in my life. 4. I have been in healthcare since 1996, beginning with Parkwood Nursing Home, then Atria Assisted Living, and more recently Sunrise Senior Living. Each of these positions have centered around administrative and clerical duties while interacting with the residents. I feel it is a calling to work with seniors.
Caregivers that work non-full-time jobs or irregular shifts can negotiate extra compensation in addition to their standard hourly wage.
CareLinx home care services include housekeeping, transportation, meal preparation, shopping, medication reminders, mobility assistance, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, exercise, companionship and more. Compared to traditional agencies, our caregiver services include four distinct advantages.
1. Preferred, high-quality care: CareLinx customers prefer our care over competitors’ by a factor of 10 to 1. You get to choose and interview the caregiver, resulting in a better match and higher quality care.
2. Uniquely affordable: as an online caregiver network with low overhead and zero markups on caregiver pay, our prices are up to 50 percent less than traditional senior care agencies.
3. Care advocates: our direct-hire model gives caregivers higher wages and flexible schedules, and consumers low prices. Everyone gets a better quality of life.
4. Peace of mind: in-home caregivers are background checked and technology-enabled to give you visibility and transparency in the home. Our app provides GPS clock-ins clock-outs, real-time secure messaging, and personalized digital care plan.