Hacienda Heights, CA
I am a young 64 years old. Born in New York, raised in Southern California. I was married almost 16 years to the love of my life. I lost him in February of 2012 to cancer. I took care of him through those years until he passed. I understand how overwhelming it can be
I have been assisting seniors since 1996. I have experience with Diabetes, Arthritis, Alzheimer's and cancer. Many of my clients have passed. I like to think I made their last years or months happier for them.
I am honest and reliable. I am legally licensed to drive. I have passed a fingerprint background check through DOJ & FBI. I am Certified through LA County IHSS program. Worked withVisiting Angels and Home Instead. The past few years I have been working privately with clients.
I have found that I connect with seniors in a unique way. I just be myself, I adapt to their schedules and their ways instead of trying to change things. I love to hear their stories, look at their photos, listen to their music also. I am easy going, always keep an upbeat attitude with my clients. I can take blood pressure, use stethascope, check pulse. Also I have experience with g tubes and j tubes. I have administered insulin to diabetic clients and managed medications for many. Always keep the family advised of any changes in behavior or anything I feel they should know. I don't leave work until I am sure my client is comfortable and has all they need. Long term positions are great, but I also work short term jobs. I have worked with dementia and Alzheimer's disease a lot. I am patient with people. I understand it is difficult to accept help. I try to ensure clients that it is alright, we all need help now and again.I have dependable vehicles both licensed and insured. I enjoy gardening, the beach and having fun with my animals. They keep me busy. I get along with all types of animals.
I can tell you that if you hire me, you will not be disappointed.
My name is Holly and I have been Registered Professional In-Home Healthcare Provider for 20 Years!
Mainly focusing on Geriatrics, Mobility Issues, Alzheimer's, Sundowner Syndrome, Dementia, Senility, Cardiomyopathy, CHF, Atrial Fibrillation, Tachycardia, Cardiac Implants, Heart Attack Recovery, Renal Failure, Dialysis, Stroke, High and Low Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Cancer, Respiratory Diseases, Fall Risks, Respite Care, Palliative Care and End of Life Care.
I pride myself on being a hardworking, trustworthy, very well educated and DEPENDABLE PROFESSIONAL. As such, I have an abundance of deeply heartfelt compassion, true companionship, emotional and physical support to offer you or your loved one. I treat each and every patient like a member of my family.
Regarding daily living, I assist with, or do on my own, anything the patient needs. Including, but not limited to; showering, bathing, sponge baths, grooming, assist with toileting, diaper changes, catheters, dressing, changing pads or bags ,laundering towels, clothing, bedding and folding them.
Meal preparation, modified diets and hand feeding, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, established exercise routine assistance, all forms of patient transfer: including hoyer lifts, gait belt and transfer boards. light housework, laundry and moderate transportation.
I am TB tested yearly and up to date on all my vaccinations.
List of my most relevant certifications:
HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BLS, CPR/AED, ASHA APPROVED CARE PROVIDER, MEDICATION MANAGEMENT, ADVANCED FIRST AID, WOUND/ PRESSURE SORE PREVENTION and CARE, BLOOD BOURNE PATHOGENS, F.A.S.T, RECOGNITION, ALZHEIMERS, DEMENTIA, SUNDOWNER SYNDROME and SENILITY. I am also a Licensed EMT II (Emergency Medical Technician), PHYSICAL THERAPIST. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST with NEUROLOGICAL THERAPIES STUDIES IN ADVANCED EDUCATION (DEGREES I-VI) and RESPIRATORY DEVICES.
FURTHERMORE, I HAVE OVER 90 ADDITIONAL ADVANCED CONTINUING EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATIONS.
I am a French/African woman. I took care of my grandparents and parents until they passed away.
Highly-dependable, nurturing caregiver who has good values, compassionate nature and 8 years extensive experience in providing prompt and friendly care. A warm-hearted individual with good judgment and emotional maturity. Eager to make a difference in client's everyday life.
Along with my elderly care training, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications and 8 years of work experience as a caregiver with different private homes, I am eager to leverage my compassion and experience to contribute to your bottom line.
Through my past experiences, I acquired skills and abilities highly relevant to the Caregiver position :
* Track record of providing assistance to elderly in activities of daily living.
* Well-versed in motivating clients to enjoy their independence.
* Committed to perform housekeeping tasks; washing clothes and dishes, cleaning bathroom and making beds.
* Competent at creating a tidy living environment for clients through sanitation, ventilation, proper lighting and furnishings arrangement.
* Adept at implementing care plans provided by the care manager and client's family.
* G-tube experience.
* 10 (ten) years experience as an Administrative Assistant.
* 05 years experience in Alzheimer, Dementia, Parkinson, Stroke, Cancer, Diabetes.
* 06 months as a Medical Assistant.
* Meal Preparation * Ambulation * Transportation
* Bath Assistance * Personal Hygiene * Soft and Gentle Massage
* Light Housekeeping * Laundry * Record Keeping * Errands Running and Shopping * Communication * Customer Service * Sanitation
* Medication reminders and vital signs monitoring procedures
* Companion care * Recreational activities I am well experienced in the care field,and I love helping others. I have the passion, patience and ability to care for the elder and developed mentally disabled.I've been a care provider for over 13 years now and is still current. I've dealt with many care cases such as: dementia,diabetic,stroke,cancer,blind, alzheimers ,elder sitter; etc. I get along very well with others, im kind hearted, I LOVE TO COOK and love to laugh. I enjoy giving the best companion care that is needed and making sure you family member is always comfortable and happy. I've worked in private cases and I've worked for different agency's.Im looking forward to giving you and your family member the best care possible. I am highly recommended and would love to serve your needs.