• Accurately prepare, administer and document medications as prescribed. Immediately report any errors to Charge Nurse or Director of Nursing.
• Accurately take and record vital signs
• Accurately count and sign medication administration record for controlled drugs.
• Safely lift, move and transfer residents as required. This involves the ability to safely transfer residents who cannot bear their own weight. It also involves the ab ility to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting in excess of 150 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations. Manual dexterity required performing tasks in assisting residents with their personal needs.
• Observe all residents and report anything unusual or abnormal to Charge Nurse. Ability to safely care for residents in a patient and respectful manner despite some resident's lack of cooperation and/or combativeness.
• Follow Universal Safety Precautions in order to protect one self, residents and other staff members. Must have the capability to withstand strong foul odors and the ability to tolerate wearing necessary personal protective equipment. Willingness and ability to wear, tolerate and use protective clothing and equipment needed in the carrying out of duties, i.e. latex gloves.
• Observe for and immediately report to Charge Nurse or Shift Supervisor any noted reactions or side effects of medications.