1. What makes you a great caregiver? If I may, I'd prefer to leave it up to my references, clients, former clients, family members of the clients and others to say what kind of caregiver I am. I would only say that personal integrity and humility (i.e. putting others first) are absolutely core to the kind of person I endeavor to be in this life. (And I invite reminders from others when it even appears to be needed.) 2. Why did you become a caregiver? I became a caregiver because I love people, all peoples. And it is my humble opinion that serving others is the second best way to demonstrate genuine, sincere love, as defined by N.T. writers. Not that I've read him, but I very much appreciate this Douglas Adams' quote: "To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity." 3. What do you like about being a Caregiver? I'm especially gratied and fulfilled when the care that I provide not only satisfies the needs of the client directly, but it also helps family members to meet their moral and oftentimes overwhelming responsibilities to care for an aging , ill or disabled family member. 4. What is a personal achievement you are proud of? I once made the team assembled to care for a quadriplegic client. And as a team member, I had the privilege of providing her with home healthcare. I also once successfully self-prepared for a difficult Microsoft exam. After studying at home, I passed a proctored exam. Also self instructed, I can speak some Spanish and some Mandarin Chinese. 5. Tell us something about yourself. I'm a grandfather of 4. I'm a lifelong student of the Bible, the most amazing and life-changing book that has ever been written, in my opinion. I was recently selected to be a member of a team dedicated to the care of a loved one living with Autism. I enjoy walks, board games, audiobooks, soft music, teaching ESL to seniors, and more.
Caregivers that work non-full-time jobs or irregular shifts can negotiate extra compensation in addition to their standard hourly wage.
CareLinx home care services include housekeeping, transportation, meal preparation, shopping, medication reminders, mobility assistance, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, exercise, companionship and more. Compared to traditional agencies, our caregiver services include four distinct advantages.
1. Preferred, high-quality care: CareLinx customers prefer our care over competitors’ by a factor of 10 to 1. You get to choose and interview the caregiver, resulting in a better match and higher quality care.
2. Uniquely affordable: as an online caregiver network with low overhead and zero markups on caregiver pay, our prices are up to 50 percent less than traditional senior care agencies.
3. Care advocates: our direct-hire model gives caregivers higher wages and flexible schedules, and consumers low prices. Everyone gets a better quality of life.
4. Peace of mind: in-home caregivers are background checked and technology-enabled to give you visibility and transparency in the home. Our app provides GPS clock-ins clock-outs, real-time secure messaging, and personalized digital care plan.