* What are your personality traits or expertise that help you be a great caregiver? * Patients have told me I am a very patient individual and they enjoy my presence. I enjoy one-on-one time to listen to their concerns, stories, and general conversation. * What attracted you to being a caregiver? * Growing up my mother was an LPN and my sister went on to become an LPN as well. After caring for my disabled Veteran husband from Aug. 2015 until Nov. 2017 I decided to take a Nurse Aide certification course to begin my journey in Healthcare. * What do you enjoy most about being a caregiver? * I enjoy brightening my patient's day, even if only a little. I enjoy watching my patient's heal and celebrating their accomplishments with them. One that sticks out is a patient that we were told would never walk or speak again. They would be completely bedridden and dependent on other people for the rest of their life. After weeks of care with my team the patient was walking with assistance, completing crossword puzzles, bathing themself, and talking our ears off. * What is a personal achievement you are proud of? * Though I was only employed by Riverside Hospital for 6 months (I had to leave due to family commitments), I received multiple Champion of Caring Nominations and my team won the Daisy Award.
Caregivers that work non-full-time jobs or irregular shifts can negotiate extra compensation in addition to their standard hourly wage.
CareLinx home care services include housekeeping, transportation, meal preparation, shopping, medication reminders, mobility assistance, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, exercise, companionship and more. Compared to traditional agencies, our caregiver services include four distinct advantages.
1. Preferred, high-quality care: CareLinx customers prefer our care over competitors’ by a factor of 10 to 1. You get to choose and interview the caregiver, resulting in a better match and higher quality care.
2. Uniquely affordable: as an online caregiver network with low overhead and zero markups on caregiver pay, our prices are up to 50 percent less than traditional senior care agencies.
3. Care advocates: our direct-hire model gives caregivers higher wages and flexible schedules, and consumers low prices. Everyone gets a better quality of life.
4. Peace of mind: in-home caregivers are background checked and technology-enabled to give you visibility and transparency in the home. Our app provides GPS clock-ins clock-outs, real-time secure messaging, and personalized digital care plan.