My name is Mark and I am from London, England.
I have lots of experience, passion and enthusiasm for caring and working in the health and social care sector.
I consider myself to be a friendly, open-minded and personable individual with a great sense of humour. Professionally, I believe I could be aptly described as the following:
* A highly motivated and organized individual with considerable experience in mental health, Dementia care, and substance misuse.
* A creative thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, develop ideas and meet deadlines.
Summary of My Skills
1. Assessing needs of the individual client on a day to day basis, according to his or her personal client plan, ensuring his or her physical and emotional well-being at all times.
2. Supporting and assisting the client with all aspects of personal care and activities of daily living e.g. getting up in the morning, going to bed, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, shaving, oral hygiene and toileting.
3. Assisting, supporting and enabling the client with the management of his or her personal clothing - mending, laundering and dry cleaning of clothing; appropriate choice of clothing, good presentation and maintenance of their appearance and personal hygiene.
4. Assisting, supporting and enabling the client in the preparation of meals, snacks and beverages, ensuring flexibility in times and choice, according to the client's needs and wishes.
I have experience caring for clients, starting with my own father in 2003.
So since then. Ive had experience with: ALS, Parkinson's, stroke victims, Alzheimer's and dementia, special needs, Diabetes, Parkinson's, mental illness, Hospice care, COPD, asthma, emphysema, and other lung conditions, Quadriplegics, paraplegics and Elder care etc. I am CPR/ First Aid trained. I have a clearance background check, Fingerprint card, current TB, have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. My job duties include but not limited to: assisting with daily living activities, transportation, housekeeping, meal preparation, medication management, walking and daily light exercise, engage in board games and memory books, companionship, going out to eat , etc. Other duties include a daily log of vitals and care notes, and reporting any significant changes of client. I am mature, patient, dependable, honest, and compassionate, and a good sense of humor, I have excellent critical thinking skills and emergency crisis skills, have excellent references, and passionate caring for others.
You wont be disappointed.