Four years ago I retired from nursing. Recently, I moved to Phoenix Arizona to be near family. I have one married daughter in Phoenix where I presently reside, and another married daughter in Peoria. My daughter and son-in-law in Peoria have one daughter and are currently expecting their second child. Prior to moving here, my most recent pertinent work experience was as a homecare non-medical provider to an senior woman in her Kansas home. Though hired as "non-medical care provider" much of my assistance with this woman did revolve around her medical needs as she was an end-stage cancer patient, as well as diabetic. I helped manage her medication schedule, transportation and ensuring she went to medical/doctor appointments. I also monitored her daily health needs such as blood pressure, blood sugars, etc.
I would like to care for you or a loved one in your home, and assist you with some of your care needs. I am willing to assist with light housekeeping, meal preparations, exercise/physical therapy programs, transportation and occasional errands or grocery shopping. I enjoy reading, baking, music, walking and spending time outdoors, as well as spending time with my family. I would be delighted to come work for you!
--Freida McMahon My name is Mark and I am from London, England.
I have lots of experience, passion and enthusiasm for caring and working in the health and social care sector.
I consider myself to be a friendly, open-minded and personable individual with a great sense of humour. Professionally, I believe I could be aptly described as the following:
* A highly motivated and organized individual with considerable experience in mental health, Dementia care, and substance misuse.
* A creative thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, develop ideas and meet deadlines.
Summary of My Skills
1. Assessing needs of the individual client on a day to day basis, according to his or her personal client plan, ensuring his or her physical and emotional well-being at all times.
2. Supporting and assisting the client with all aspects of personal care and activities of daily living e.g. getting up in the morning, going to bed, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, shaving, oral hygiene and toileting.
3. Assisting, supporting and enabling the client with the management of his or her personal clothing - mending, laundering and dry cleaning of clothing; appropriate choice of clothing, good presentation and maintenance of their appearance and personal hygiene.
4. Assisting, supporting and enabling the client in the preparation of meals, snacks and beverages, ensuring flexibility in times and choice, according to the client's needs and wishes.