- Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from users who are under the age of 18. If a user under the age of 18 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a user under the age of 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably possible.
- Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- Data Collection. Personal Data” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- If you are a Care Provider, when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birthdate, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history, ethnicity, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, work experience, salary/income, professional license numbers, education, interests, hobbies, professional and personal references, profile picture, professional skills and abilities, lifestyle information, schedule availability, music preferences and bank information to facilitate direct deposit of earnings.
- If you are a Care Seeker, when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birth date, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, care services needed, health conditions, activities, profile picture, interests, music preferences and credit card information to facilitate payment processing.
- If you are a Member other than a Care Provider or Care Seeker, such as a family member or healthcare provider or healthcare plan (“Plan”), when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birthdate, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history, ethnicity, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, work experience, salary/income, professional license numbers, education, interests, hobbies, professional and personal references, profile picture, professional skills and abilities, lifestyle information, schedule availability, care services needed and health conditions. We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post messages or upload content within our Site (including in any CareLinx forum), the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users to whom you provide access, will be able to see it.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data, at such other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We may also use (i) third party tracking services, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze Anonymous Data from users of our Site and Services and (ii) location-enabled services for Care Providers as a means to facilitate time card data. If you use the location-enabled services, CareLinx may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device or via your web browser when on the Site).
- Information Collected from You About Others.
- Information Collected from Others About You.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
- We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that assist CareLinx in providing the Services, such as BackgroundsOnline, or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with your Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to provide and improve the Services.
- General Use. In general, Personal Data collected by us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- run a background check and verify your credentials (if you are a Care Provider or Agency Care Provider);
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services and customer support you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- tailor the features, performance and support of the Site or Services to you;
- send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your account was created;
- send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of CareLinx;
- customize the advertising you may see on the Site or through the Services;
- collect and/or distribute money; and
- Other CareLinx Members. We may share your Personal Data with third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Data, including other Members. Unless you direct us to share to your Personal Data via your “Privacy Settings” or otherwise, we do not disclose the Personal Data of any Care Seeker or Care Provider to any another Member. We do, however, provide other Members with the opportunity to communicate with you through a web-basedmessage box. If you respond to any in-browser message, you will be providing the recipient your name and allowing them to continue to message you.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to CareLinx. Examples of such third party service providers include companies that administer background checks of Care Providers and companies that process payments from both Care Providers and Care Seekers. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by CareLinx.
- Plans. If you become a Care Seeker through a Plan, we may share all or some of your Personal Data with such Plan, which may include, for example: your name, phone number, email address, zip code, reasons for interest or declining Services, amount and duration of paid services, photographs, visit history, task completion and data, any issues that may arise such as changes in your health status, and responses in aggregate to customer satisfaction surveys, in order to provide you with the Services. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THE APPLICABLE PLAN WILL APPLY TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF SUCH PERSONAL DATA BY THE PLAN. In addition, if you become a Care Seeker through a Plan, we may share some or all of your Personal Information (provided by you and/or the Plan) with your applicable Care Provider
- Agency Care Providers. If you are an Agency Careseeker, we may share all or some of your Personal Data with the applicable Agency Care Provider. In addition, if you become an Agency Careseeker through a Plan, we may share some or all of your Personal Information provided by the Plan with the applicable Agency Care Provider. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THE APPLICABLE AGENCY CARE PROVIDER WILL APPLY TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF SUCH PERSONAL DATA BY THE AGENCY CARE PROVIDER.
- Information Collected by Ad Networks. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you.
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
Attn: Privacy Matters
1350 Old Bayshore Highway, Ste 850. Burlingame, CA 94010
Last Revised: January 6, 2019.