Cooking and baking are great activities to do with your senior. Work together to make this beautiful, patriotic dessert for your bbq, party, or family dinner.
Delicious 4th of July Themed Trifle
This decadent recipe from Martha Stewart Living makes the perfect combination of fruit and cream.
- 5 cups raspberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/3 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/4 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 20 to 24 ladyfingers – broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- Fine salt to taste
- First, combine raspberries with 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar and orange juice in a medium bowl. Mash berries lightly with a fork or wooden spoon to infuse natural juices within the mixture. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate, large bowl, mix mascarpone cheese with 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar until it reaches a creamy, smooth consistency. Then, whisk in cream, vanilla and a pinch of salt until peaks form – this should take about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Grab an 8-inch springform pan and line with a piece of parchment paper that is 1 inch taller than the pan’s sides. Cover the bottom of the pan with half the ladyfingers followed by half the raspberry mixture. Then, add a layer of cream and spread evenly over raspberries. Repeat process by adding remaining lady fingers, another layer of raspberry mixture and whipped cream.
- Finish your masterpiece by topping with blueberries. Refrigerate until whipped cream is stiff and cookies reach a soft consistency – this should take about 3 hours. Enjoy!
(Source: MarthaStewart.com)Share This: